Maximize sperm survival during density gradient centrifugation.
PureSperm Buffer is designed specifically for two functions; first as a balanced salt solution for diluting PureSperm 100 to make up two layers of different densities for the gradient, and secondly, to reduce viscosity in the semen sample. The formula of PureSperm Buffer is optimized for maximum sperm survival and greatest yield during density gradient centrifugation.
Why use it?
- Now, clinicians can select the density layers they want to use, in any combination.
- The same solution can be used to reduce viscosity in the semen sample.
PureSperm Buffer is a sterile, isotonic, salt solution. It is optimised for the dilution of PureSperm 100 in the preparation of density gradients for the separation and purification of human sperm in ART. This gradient system effectively separates normal sperm from lymphocytes, epithelial cells, abnormal, immature and senescent sperm, cell debris, bacteria and seminal fluid.
- Sodium chloride
- Sodium citrate
- Potassium chloride
- Calcium lactate
- Sodium pyruvate
- Purified water
- pH: 7.4-7.8.
- Osmolality (mOsm/kg H2O): 300-310.
- Endotoxin levels: <1.0 EU/mL.
- Human sperm survival 18 hours after density gradient separation: >70%.
- Contents are tested by human sperm survival.
- Bottles and stoppers are M.E.A. tested.
Storage and Stability:
- Store unopened bottles at 2 to 27ºC and avoid temperatures above or below these values. Under these conditions PureSperm Buffer has a shelf-life of 24 months. The expiry date is shown on both bottles and cartons.
- Open and close bottles under aseptic conditions. After opening, store at 2 to 8ºC when not in use. Shelf-life on the product label applies when the product is stored according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- No antibiotics, unstable additives or preservatives have been added by the manufacturer to PureSperm Buffer.
Precautions and Warnings:
- Use aseptic procedures at all times.
- If available, use sealed centrifuge buckets during centrifugation to avoid creation of aerosols.
- PureSperm Buffer does not represent any fire or combustion hazard. A material safety data sheet is available from the distributor or manufacturer.
- Do not use any solution which shows evidence of bacterial contamination.
- Do not use contents if tamper-evident seal is broken.
- Do not re-use
- Federal Law (USA) restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.
- Please check for regulatory compliance governing the use of ART products in your country.
Contact us to order:
Ireland Head Office: +353 (0)52 744289645
4-5 The Square , Cahir Co. Tipperary Ireland