An alternative method, the UniLayer filtration of semen, of preparing human sperm for IUI
Many clinicians in small clinics or private practices are looking for a safe and effective method of preparing sperm for intra-uterine insemination. They are unsure of their ability to layer a density gradient correctly to achieve optimal results. However, they also know that a “swim up” does not remove sperm with abnormal morphology or damaged DNA, and does not separate out bacteria and viruses from the sperm preparation.
Now there is an alternative method of preparing human sperm for IUI – the PureSperm SpeediKit. The kit contains sufficient sperm preparation materials for ten patients, already dispensed in Type 1 glass centrifuge tubes.
- Sodium chloride
- Potassium chloride
- Magnesium sulphate
- Potassium dihydrogen phosphate
- Sodium bicarbonate
- hSA (human Serum Albumin)
- Sodium citrate
- Calcium lactate
- Sodium pyruvate
- Purified water
- Silane-coated silica.
- pH of PureSperm UniLayer: 7.4 – 7.8.
- pH of PureSperm Wash: 7.3 – 8.5.
- Osmolality of PureSperm UniLayer (mOsm/kg H2O): 300 – 330.
- Osmolality of PureSperm Wash (mOsm/kg H2O): 290 – 300.
- Endotoxin levels (EU/mL): <1.0.
- Contents are tested by human sperm survival only.
- Tubes and stoppers are M.E.A. tested.
Storage and Stability:
- Store at 2 to 27ºC and avoid temperatures above or below these values. Under these conditions the contents of the kit have a shelf-life of minimum 12 months from production. The expiry date is shown on both tubes and cartons. Shelf-life on the product label applies when the product is stored according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- No antibiotics, unstable additives or preservatives have been added by the manufacturer to PureSperm SpeediKit.
Precautions and Warnings:
- When retrieving the sperm pellet, follow the instructions given in the pack insert to avoid inadvertent contamination.
- Use aseptic procedures at all times.
- If available, use sealed buckets during centrifugation to avoid creation of aerosols.
- Clean accidental spills using a dampened cloth or paper. PureSperm SpeediKit causes floors and benches to be extremely slippery.
- PureSperm SpeediKit does not represent any kind of fire or combustion hazard. A material safety data sheet is available from the distributor or manufacturer.
- Do not use any solution which shows evidence of bacterial contamination.
- Do not use contents if tamper-evident seal is broken.
- Federal Law (USA) restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.
- Please check for regulatory compliance governing the use of ART products in your country.
To order contact us at:
Ireland Head Office: +353 (0)52 744289645
4-5 The Square , Cahir Co. Tipperary Ireland