Protecting human sperm from the damaging effects of freezing and thawing.
It is an optimized solution for protecting human sperm from the damaging effects of freezing and thawing. The solution contains osmotically active ingredients to reduce intracellular water, and cryoprotectants to reduce injury caused by ice crystal formation.
Freezing solutions for sperm traditionally contain egg yolk and glycerol. Clinicians are now questioning the wisdom of exposing human sperm for ART to exogenous sources of protein, such as egg yolk. Furthermore, high concentration of glycerol can be toxic to sperm.
NidaCon listens to clinicians: we have developed a new cryoprotectant for human sperm, free from egg yolk and containing a reduced concentration of glycerol. The final concentration of glycerol is only 5% once diluted with the sperm sample.
- Sodium chloride
- Magnesium sulphate
- Potassium dihydrogen phosphate
- Sodium bicarbonate
- Purified water
- Potassium chloride
- Calcium lactate
- Sodium pyruvate
- pH: 7.5 – 8.5
- Endotoxin levels: < 1.0 EU/mL
- Recovery rate of the original motile spermatozoa after freezing and thawing: >50%.
- Contents tested by human sperm survival only.
- Bottles and stoppers are MEA tested.
Storage and Stability:
- Store at 2 to 30ºC and avoid temperatures above or below these values. Under these conditions Sperm CryoProtec™ has a shelf-life of 12 months. The expiry date is shown on both bottles and cartons.
- Open and close bottles under aseptic conditions. After opening, store at 2 to 8ºC when not in use. Shelf-life on the product label applies when the product is stored according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
- No antibiotics, unstable additives or preservatives have been added by the manufacturer to Sperm CryoProtec™.
Precautions and Warnings:
- Use aseptic procedures at all times
- Sperm CryoProtec™ contains glycerol which is combustible. A material safety data sheet is available from the distributor or manufacturer (see nidacon.com)
- Do not use any solution which shows evidence of bacterial contamination
- Do not use contents if tamper-evident seal is broken
- Federal Law (USA) restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician
- Please check for regulatory compliance governing the use of ART products in your country.
Contact us to order at:
Ireland Head Office: +353 (0)52 744289645
4-5 The Square , Cahir Co. Tipperary Ireland