PureSperm® Wash is a sterile isotonic salt solution. It is optimised for washing the sperm pellet recovered from density gradient preparation, for use in swim-up procedures, extension of sperm prior to IUI or as a maintenance medium.
Download PureSperm Wash poster for more information.
- Ions of calcium, carbonate, chloride, magnesium,phosphate, potassium, sodium & sulphate hSA Human serum albumin
- WFI quality water
Osmolality (mOsm/kg H2O): 290-300
Endotoxin levels: 70%
Contents are tested by human sperm survival only
Bottles and stoppers are 2-cell M.E.A. tested
PureSperm® Wash contains the component human serum albumin (hSA). The hSA is manufactured from human blood donated in the United States. The blood donors are tested for various viruses before being allowed to donate blood for this purpose. Each plasma donation is individually tested for ALT, HBs antigen, HIV-1/2 antibody and HCV antibody by ELISA. Only those plasma donations found non-reactive for these antibodies have been used for the manufacture of the hSA component. The plasma pool is tested again before manufacture of the hSA product. The hSA product is heated at 60ºC for 10 hours as a final precaution. The final PureSperm® Wash product is filter sterilised.
Storage and Stability
Store unopened bottles at 2 to 30ºC and avoid temperatures above or below these values. Under these conditions Pure Sperm® Wash has a shelf-life of 12 months. The expiry date is shown on both bottles and cartons.
Open and close bottles under aseptic conditions. After opening, store at 2 to 8ºC when not in use.
Shelf-life on the product label applies when the product is stored according to manufacturer’s recommendations.
No antibiotics, unstable additives or preservatives have been added by the manufacturer to PureSperm® Wash.
Precautions and Warnings
• Use aseptic procedures at all times
• If available, use sealed buckets during centrifugation to avoid creation of aerosols
• PureSperm® Wash does not represent any fire or combustion hazard. A material safety data sheet is available from the distributor or manufacturer
• Do not use any solution which shows evidence of bacterial contamination
• Do not use contents if tamper-evident seal is broken
• Federal Law (USA) restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician
• Please check for regulatory compliance governing the use of ART products in your country
Article No. Name Volume
PSW-100 PureSperm® Wash 100 mL
PSW-020 PureSperm® Wash 2 × 20 mL